Welcome to the Healing Inflammation Café!
Your Healing Food Resource — This Blog is Dedicated to Helping You Heal and Prevent the Destructive Forces of Inflammation through a Healthy Diet
The mission of the Healing Inflammation Café is simple: To share vital information about the powerful link between inflammation and our diet, and to encourage people to buy, cook, and eat health-giving food.
I believe this information is critical to our health and wellbeing. I’ve learned that inflammation is responsible for or contributes to an ever-growing list of illnesses and diseases, including the fastest-growing diseases of our modern world: cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, along with allergies, arthritis, and more.
Some of these correlations are backed by scientific study. Some are experientially based on people’s individual results.
My healing was pretty dramatic once I changed my diet. That’s why I’m so excited to share my experience — including what I learned about the diet-inflammation connection.
I believe that when you know the facts about potentially toxic “foods,” you then have the power to make the changes that will help you heal and prevent destructive medical conditions.
Please note that I am not a doctor or medical professional, and I cannot give anyone medical advice. Only your healthcare practitioners can do that.
I am merely one individual, like you, who wants to live a long and healthy life. To this end, I am sharing my personal experience of healing my inflammation by changing my diet and lifestyle.
If you want to take any advice on my website, please consult with your consult with your healthcare providers first.
If you are cleared to eliminate all pro-inflammatory food from your diet and replace it with health-giving anti-inflammatory food, I hope to be a valued resource for you — with ongoing shopping, cooking, and eating tips. On Healing Inflammation Café, I will regularly share information on the following 10 topics:
- Healing Foods — foods that give our bodies the macronutrients and micronutrients we need to thrive.
- Anti-Inflammatory Foods — foods that do not trigger systemic inflammation in most people.
- Delicious Recipes — recipes that use organic, nutrient-rich, anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- Shopping Tips — help on shopping for the right ingredients in today’s complex world of food.
- Eating Out Tips — ways to avoid pro-inflammatory foods when dining away from home.
- My Diet Diary — Taylor’s ongoing journey of preventing inflammation flare-ups.
- Interviews with Experts — discussions with professionals who are working to help keep people inflammation-free.
- Book Reviews — Taylor’s favorite books on food and health.
- Film Reviews — Taylor’s favorite documentaries on food and health.
- Pro-Inflammatory Foods — details on the foods that trigger inflammation.
To learn more about the connection between diet and inflammation, go here.
To learn more about research on diet and inflammation, go here.
Here’s to hoping you can eliminate inflammation in your life — and feel better than you ever thought possible.